Okay.Â Checklist before moving from 32-bit Ubuntu to 64-bit
- backups from /etc:Â Â raid settings, password file, userlist/groups
- backup from etc: mail settings
- backup /home
- backup list of installed packages
- If boot CD can recognize raid
- Install/reformat on main drive.Â Suggestion: repartition /home
- What else?
Getting annoyed with small issues,Â though it might be hardware. the DVD+-RW I have didn't want to burn a DVD-RÂ medium today. Ubuntu wasn't being helpful either,Â refusing to do media change and generally being Dog Slow at starting up.